MH

MH

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Concert Update

  • I guess when you go to enough concerts you will get a bad show every once and a while, and when you go to three concerts in a span of 11 days I would say your odds increase. I had given a quick update on DAC previously in this blog, Roger Daltrey was last week-not a bad show, but missing a certain element, specifically a Townsend, and I am not talking about Simon either. Not a bad show, just not a great one.
  • NOW-The suck ass Allen Event Center. The show as Sunday night, which was bad enough as it was, Thin Lizzy opened, followed by Black Label Society and Priest headlining, for their "Final World Tour" (notice this is not their "farewell tour" anymore). Let's just say the Allen Event Center was not built for it's acoustics. The distortion was terrible and if you didn't know the words to songs you were pretty much screwed. Having seen Priest before and knowing what they should sound like pretty much made the show intolerable. I will not be returning to this venue without further proof that this situation has improved.
  • This is a rare situation-I have no current tickets to any upcoming shows, and not sure what I am going to see next.

No comments:

Post a Comment