MH

MH

Friday, February 4, 2011

Random Updates

  • I have heard conflicting stories for a Stones tour. The official statement from Mick is there are no firm plans to tour. I heard rumors of a 50th (geez) anniversary tour as well, but several news site are shooting down any upcoming tour.
  • The Black Eyed Peas are playing at halftime at the Superbowl this Sunday. I like some of their music but from what little I have heard of their live performances are terrible. And they are the biggest sellouts of this current day-not that I technically agree with the term sellout, why else do people start bands anyways if not to get big. I know their are exceptions to this rule but.....
  • Billy Joel and Elton John are having a "spat"
  • This year will be Lollapalooza's 20th Anniversary. Man I hit some great festival tours back in the day-Lolla, H.O.R.D.E, Ozzfest-had tickets to Farm Aid in Dallas but it got canceled. Don't care too much about hitting the big two or three day shows like Bonaroo or ACL Music Fest but it is a great way too see a lot of bands. I would like to attend a SXSW but there is not guarantee you can get in the venue to see a band of choice (or so I have heard).
  • In non music related news we had we have had ice and snow in the DFW area this week. I know the rest of the nation is getting much more of the same but this is Texas and I am not sure this has ever happened here and lasted more that a day or two. We are going on four days of this with temperatures not expected to get above freezing until manana. And the Superbowl is Sunday in ARLINGTON.

No comments:

Post a Comment