MH

MH

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

  • I thought that I might have missed the Scott Stapp bus due to my lack of keeping this blog updated. Let's just say that I was oh so wrong - in this article he is defending himself against (allegedly) plotting to assassinate the president.
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd has hit a new low - they are special guests on the season finale of The Voice along with Fall Out Boy. 
  • I completely do not understand this but Jerry Only is talking about a reunion of The Misfits including Glen Danzig. Wolfgang Von Frankenstein commented that he would welcome this as well - Wolfgang was part of a tour with Danzig a year or two ago. However Danzig had recently launched a lawsuit over merchandising rights and has repeatedly said that he wants no part of a Misfits reunion.
  • Things the RRHOF does right - SRV is in, including leading the public vote.
  • Things the RRHOF does wrong - Green Day is in as well. 
  • First off I don't consider Green Day a "punk" band - they may have been "pop-punk" at one point but their songwriting moved beyond that with the release of Warning. I enjoy a few gems from their early years and American Idiot is pretty freaking good but are they really hall worthy?
  • Other inductees include Lou Reed, Joan Jett & The Blackhearts and The Paul Butterfield Blues Band.
  • And why not just Joan Jett? This could technically include her contributions to the Blackhearts, The Runaways and her solo career.
  • Man I need to find some Christmas stuff to post - it will be here and gone before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment