MH

MH

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

20 Years Ago - 9:40 AM PST - Seattle, WA

This was the day you first heard about it.....

For myself this was the first major death of a musician from a band that my generation had watched completely from their inception to their demise. Others had passed on from bands I followed - Cliff Burton, Freddie Mercury and Randy Rhoads to name a few, but a lot of these bands had been around (don't lie - you didn't know who Metallica was until Ride the Lightning) before I actually started listening to or following them - I was 10 when the Blizzard of Ozz came out, I think I had just discovered radio at that point. The only other musician I can think of whose death had this kind of impact was Stevie Ray Vaughn - and that is a Texas thing.

Oh yeah - we skipped the last Nirvana date here in the metroplex, I believe only the second time they had played here, we were going to see them the next time.....




The Park Bench

April 5th, 2014 20th Anniversary of Kurt's death











No comments:

Post a Comment