MH

MH

Friday, May 17, 2013

Get your Friday updates here!

  • A Canadian anti piracy company (Canipre), who teams with film studios and pursues charges against bit torrent "pirates", was found to be using photos from independent photographers without permissions. Kind of ironic. I like to put entities like this in the "better than thou" crowd - and when they are found guilty of something they are championing against?!?
  • Rolling Stones released a readers poll of the worst band of the 90's - how in the world Nirvana is on there is blowing peoples minds, but the top two spots are definitely deserved....

Rolling Stone’s worst bands of the 1990s

10. Dave Matthews Band
9. Ace of Base
8. Spin Doctors
7. Bush
6. Hootie and the Blowfish
5. Nirvana
4. Hanson
3. Limp Bizkit
2. Nickelback
1. Creed

  •  A public memorial for Jeff Hanneman will be held on May 23rd at the Hollywood Palladium on a first come first serve basis for the 4,000 seat venue. AND the infamous Westboro Baptist Church is going to be there picketing - yes they fall into the "better than thou" crowd. 
  • Yesterday was the third anniversary of Ronnie James Dio's death. And Wendy Dio posted this message:
"Today is a difficult day for all of us. It has been three years since Ronnie's passing. Sometimes it feels like only yesterday and sometimes it feels like an eternity ago.

"Please take a moment of silence sometime in the day to remember him on this anniversary of his death. I know you all loved him, and I thank you for keeping his music and his memory alive.

"I take comfort in this old prayer I would like to share with you.

I cannot speak, but I can listen,
I cannot be seen, but I can be heard,
I am in the song you hear,
I am in the breeze you feel...
I am in the stars you see
I am still with you.

"Peace be with all of us."

No comments:

Post a Comment