MH

MH

Friday, April 26, 2013

Pre Jimmy Buffett Friday Updates

  • I don't know if there will be any updates next Friday as I plan on being in the parking lot in Frisco with 1000's of other Parrotheads. According to many comments I have read Frisco is on of the more festive atmospheres on his tours. I may just post a few pictures of the action....
  • Last Wednesday was the Danzig w/ Doyle show at The Palladium. I hadn't ever seen Danzig but I have heard and read enough over the years to expect anything from him not showing to being spot on. All I have to say is I probably saw every aspect of what I have read - he was having trouble with his voice, but rightfully admitted so to the crowd and asked everyone to help out, which of course we all did. Due to this the set list was somewhat shortened skipping a few Danzig classics and going right into Misfits. The picture Nazis were out and Glenn had a few choice words for several individuals taking pictures toward the end of the show. All in all getting to see him with Mr. Von Frankenstein was awesome and I was glad I was there. 
  • Black Sabbath have announced their North American tour and amazingly enough Dallas is not on the bill.
  • Iron Maiden's Trooper beer, previously featured in this blog, is setting record sales. Unfortunately it is not available in the US.
  • In the most confusing Queensryche update ever - due to fan complaints Geoff Tate's version is apparently remixing their latest release and offering refunds to anyone who has already bought, but it's being released his week? So how do people already have OR are they releasing versions that haven't been remixed yet?????
  • The Richie Havens Woodstock story is pretty incredible. Originally slated to be third or fourth on the opening day he was pushed to opening the show due to the fact that none of the other bands had arrived yet. After playing an almost three hour set he was out of material so he made up a song on the spot: Freedom.
  • Survivor is getting their original lead singer back! Said no one I know......
  • See you in the parking lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment