MH

MH

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Who Actually Gets Tickets....

According to this article the ratio of ticket distribution is shown below for a Justin Bieber show. The article admits this may be skewed by the fact it is Bieber, however it is probably closer to the truth than not.

Now check out this site, Fan Freedom, which takes this issue further by accusing Bieber and other artist of scalping their own tickets which has come up with a few other artists as well.

I have mixed feelings on this subject-first off I don't agree with the artists scalping their own tickets, however we live under a free enterprise system-be warned however, fame is fleeting.

Second off I resell tickets, though mainly for the sports market, through team sponsored resell sites. I have season tickets to two local teams and can't attend all games. My only goal is to break even for what I pay for season tickets.

Thirdly sometimes I like to buy tickets on the secondary market. Sometimes I get them cheaper than market value, sometimes I can get a preferred seat, etc. A lot of shows I attend this is not even an issue-I'll take a decent seat or a GA show at say, House of Blues, and be fine.

Now with that being said this is what sucks-if you are buying seats for a big show on the day they go on sale-you never have a shot at the "good seats", forget about front row-these have already been distributed to some other scalper, fan club, or credit card company etc. 




Justin Bieber 2012 Ticket Sales Breakdown

No comments:

Post a Comment