MH

MH

Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday on My Mind

  • George Jones, currently on tour, will make 2013 his last touring year ever. You hear this all the time from rock bands but coming from a 74 year old country star makes it a little more believable. I saw him several years ago in a half shuttered Nokia Theater.
  • In another sign that the apocalypse is surely upon us Scott Stapp is releasing a "memoir" soon, Sinner's Creed. I could think of a thousand more titles for this book but I will be nice for now. According the Amazon description Scott is in the midst of a highly successful solo career. Did I just read and post that right?!?
  • Finally some different dueling band news, Kyuss Lives is apparently allowed to tour under this name, but not record under such.
  • From the 15 year late breaking news department, Fred Durst has announced Limp Bizkit is over.
  • When I woke up this morning I thought we might get through one Friday without a Queensryche update but Geoff Tate isn't going to allow that. Tate has announced an 2013 anniversary "all-star" tour under the moniker: Queensryche Starring Geoff Tate, The Original Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment