MH

MH

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

SPIN Magazine on it's deathbed?

At least the printed version anyway-One of my least favorite music magazines, Spin, has apparently laid off a large number of it's staff and has announced no Nov/Dec issue will be forthcoming. They were recently acquired by Buzzmedia and still maintain on online presence, but it is paltry when compared to the competition. Hey I don't wish this type of situation on any music magazine but they would certainly have been my pick as the first demise of a major music mag. There is more to the story here.

1 comment:

  1. I fell sucker to the we want you back email... 2 years for like $6. Man I want my $6 back! It would have been better spen on a six pack of beer! Basically if you have not read an issue in the last year and want a good comparrison, well then just go pick up the model magazine Elle or something like that and there you have the latest issue of SPIN. I get an issue and go straight to the last 10 or so pages to see the full page concert like poster of up coming concert festivals and this is about all the music related material you will see or read in magazine. It is such a disapointment due to this actually used to be a decent magazine in the 90's and even 2000's.

    ReplyDelete