MH

MH

Monday, May 14, 2012

SNL Updates

  • Mick Jagger will host SNL's season final this week. He will also be the musical guest playing with Arcade Fire, Jeff Beck and the Foo Fighters.
  • Donald "Duck" Dunn, probably most famous for his membership in the Blues Brothers band, has passed away. His musical accomplishments go far beyond than that of the BB's however: Otis Redding, Muddy Waters, Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Rod Stewart, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, Jerry Lee Lewis, Levon Helm and Freddy King among others. I know I saw him at least twice with various bands including the Crossroads Music Fest. I swore he was part of the SNL band at one time but have been unable to confirm.
  • SNL has had a very eclectic year with their musical guests. With the exception of the last (which I have not watched) and the next scheduled episode, the best musical guests by far have been Jack White and Florence & The Machine. There was the disaster of Lana Del Rey as well. Some of the other musical choices have caused me some concern-at one time performing on SNL was considered the highest accolade you could get from a variety style TV show, I am not sure where it stands now but from some of the reactions from this years performers I would think it is still tops.


No comments:

Post a Comment