MH

MH

Thursday, April 19, 2012

30 Most Hated Bands Ever

I have had this article a while, sent to me buy a good friend-we have argued about a number of bands on this list:

30 Most Hated Bands

30. The Monkees-Hey-I grew up watching this stuff as a kid, however I understand where people are coming from.

29. Phil Collins-I really don't understand where all the Phil Collins hate comes from.

28. NKOTB-Not much to say here, and no argument.

27. John Mayer-There was (still is?) so much hope here early on....

26. Candlebox-Never thought they were that great in the first place, more watered down pop grunge.

25.Lana Del Rey-I saw the SNL performance, but really haven't kept up that much. (By the way I am planning on doing a separate article on some of SNL's recent musical choices, which have been rather erratic)

24. The Black Eyed Peas-I don't agree with the term sellout too much, but they certainly fit the bill. However I do have two of their albums.

23. Smash Mouth-I ripped them from the moment they came out.

22. Christopher Cross-He sux. Nuff said.

21. Duran Duran-Give me the very early stuff  - Planet Earth, Is There Something I Should Know and you can throw in Girls on Film, everything else you can have.

20. &19. The Osmonds & Lawrence Welk- I never really considered them as anything important related to the genre(s) of music I listen to. I vaguely remember watching the Osmond show as a kid.

18. KC & The Sunshine Band-Hey, it was disco and you could throw a few other bands in there as well. And Rob Zombie covered I'm Your Boogie Man.

17. Barry Manilow-Ditto the above comment about The Osmonds and Lawrence Welk.

16. Winger-They are the Nickelback of hair metal.

15. Puff Daddy-I have heard some of his stuff but not enough to comment on....

14. Billy Ray Cyrus-If, according to the article, he is responsible for the current state of radio country music maybe he should be higher on the list.

13. Journey-I don't really think they belong on this list. They made some mistakes late in the Steve Perry era & I firmly believe The Sopranos using Don't Stop Believing gets some credit for their inclusion. If you look at their catalog before the MTV era it is not too shabby.

12. Michael Bolton-I am going to throw him in the Christopher Cross category. He sux.

11. Nickelback-You have heard me say it enough about this band. With them being number 11 and their career still ongoing they have plenty of time to move up the chart.

10. Yoko Ono-Blamed for the breakup of the Beatles, but the greatness of Lennon's solos material cannot be denied and he was definitely influenced by her.

9. Pat Boone-Right there with Manilow, the Osmonds and Lawrence Welk. I just didn't listen to them at all.

8. Matchbox Twenty-I am not sure how this even got played on radio-wait I know: corporate, mindless, supremely watered down poppy crap.

7. Emerson, Lake and Palmer-Never dug enough in their catalog to understand their inclusion, however they are certainly the most hated progressive rock band of the time.

6. Vanilla Ice-The white M.C. Hammer, and not much else to say about it.

5. I.C.P. - I know a few ICP fans, and they are hardcore about them. I don't understand the whole Faygo thing, I wouldn't want to go to a show and get covered in sticky syrup.

4. Creed-How in the wide, wide world of sports did they get ranked above Nickelback: Scott Stapp!

3. Kenny G-Kind of falls into the Welk/Boone/Manilow, more current but nothing I listen to. With that being said I am not sure how any one else listens to him either.

2. Limp Bizkit- A little surprised to see them here-seems to be more about hating Fred Durst that the band itself. They are certainly not loved in the music industry.

1. Milli Vanilli-Are they really the most hated? I guess you can always Blame It on the Rain, because Girl You Know it's True.


No comments:

Post a Comment